Clinical Psychologist

A Clinical Psychologist specialises in working with people who have mental health disorders or psychological distress. If you have a known mental health condition before you become pregnant you may already see a psychologist. Some women become mentally unwell whilst pregnant or once they have had their baby and may need to be seen by a specialist clinical psychologist for support. Your midwife or G.P. can refer you to the Perinatal Mental Health team if you need support.